Chef Battle, a national cooking competition produced by Social Power Hour, hosts the Midwest Regionals Sunday, April 28, 2019 from 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. at STK Chicago (9 W Kinzie St, Chicago, IL 60654).
Chefs from Illinois, Iowa, South Dakota, Kansas, Missouri and Michigan who won their local qualifying event will face off at the regional competition. The eight chefs will be competing early in the day judged by celebrity chefs and food critics and the top three will advance to the public event starting at 3 p.m. Once the clock starts, chefs will have 1-hour to create their best dish. The competing chefs are allowed one sous chef to help their game plan. The winning chef will win up to $500 prize to pay for travel costs to compete in the All-American Chef Battle in early 2020.
- Justin Scardina, Driftless Food & Catering
- Teren Green, Chef Teren Green
- LaDonna Bell, LaDonna’s Personal Chef Services and The Current
- Chris Jones, Third St Social
- Ellen Doerr, Chef Ellen LLC
- Dean Marshall, The Big Orange Food Truck
- Cameron Settle, Moonrise Hotel
- Dequandre Williams, Signature Plates by Dequandre Williams
- Aaron White, Urban Cellar
“These chefs are some of the best chefs in the industry,” said Matt Hensler, Social Power Hour Founder. “We’re excited to partner with STK Chicago to name Midwest’s Best Chef.”
All attendees will experience a live cooking competition for thrilling entertainment and receive food and drink specials from STK Chicago. VIP ticket holders receive a voting ballot and samples from each of the top 3 chefs.
To purchase tickets, go to Eventbrite.