Wicker Park is the epitome of what’s hip in Chicago. Hosting a scene full of budding creatives, this innovative mindset has gloriously made it’s way into the kitchen. Although it’s tough to choose with such an amazingly diverse selection, below are my top five munching spots in Wicker Park. Enjoy!
5. The Monarch: Your friendly neighborhood gastropub with a little pizazz! I love it! With exposed brick and candelabras burning, the atmosphere is super cozy. The food is described as “elevated American fare” and I completely agree. Their twist on the classic fried green tomato sandwich, ahem jalapeño cream sauce ahem, is amazing! Follow them on Twitter @monarchchicago
4. Carriage House: I’m a southern girl, through and through. Southern food is very important to me and very hard to come by in the city. Carriage House tastes exactly like family southern cooking – a lot of love & a lot of cornbread. They also work with several farms, fisherman, and artisans to provide the fare. Connect with @CarriageHouseWP
3. Trenchermen: I’ll always consider brunch to be my absolute favorite meal and Trenchermen delivers! With a wide selection of pastries, a pork flight, and beermosas, every weekend is a great weekend! There are also great vegetarian selections – my personal favorite being the entree CripsyTofu! @Trenchermen is waiting for you on Twitter!
2. 5411 Empanadas: Located in both Wicker Park and Lakeview – there is no doubt this business grew because of great food & good service. What started as a small business venture between three friends in Argentina quickly grew into something amazing via word of mouth. Definitely the best empanada spot in all of Chicago! Follow them on Twitter @5411empanadas
1. Authentaco: The best for last – TACOS! With choices for fillings such as cactus and al pastor – this chef driven take on Mexican street food is astounding. I recommend trying one of the many seasonal specials! Connect with @authentaco on Twitter!
What about you Chicago? Where are you munchin’? Let us know @SocialPowerHour!