Dancing Marlin, the New American restaurant that’s transforming South Side dining, announces its new Spring menu which includes seasonal ramps dishes, new shared plates, Springtime cocktails and much more. Culinary Director Ed Nemec is continually innovating the food and beverage menu, which is designed to foster interactive experiences where guests decide how the meal unfolds – menu items can be sampled and shared with fellow diners as small plates across multiple courses, enjoyed in entrée sized large plates – or anything in-between. His creativity is particularly evidenced in the items on the menu made with Springtime ramps, which look and taste a bit like scallions but are smaller and more delicately flavored. The new menu features seasonally foraged ramps in items like oysters with ramps mignonette sauce, ramp kimchi, ramp jam, pickled ramps, and caramelized ramps on the restaurants delectable burger.
Dancing Marlin’s cocktail program has also been amped up for Spring. The restaurant was a pioneer in offering craft cocktails on tap, and this season’s selection will not disappoint.
New edible items include:
- Fresh shucked oysters – ramp mignonette
- Crostini – ramp pesto, whipped ricotta, lemon honey drizzle
- Burrata – burrata cheese, San Daniele prosciutto, arugula, pickled ramps, ramp reduction
- Nduja Flatbread – artisan salumi spread, passata di pomodoro, sun dried tomatoes, Grande mozzarella, chiffonade of ramp leaves
- Korean BBQ Shrimp – jumbo shrimp, ramp kimchi, BBQ sauce, toasted sesame seeds
- Pork Tenderloin – Chipotle marinated tenderloin, root vegetable mashed potatoes, ramp chimichurri sauce, endive & ramp green salad
- Bistecca – Prime sirloin steak, Maytag blue cheese, demi-glace, ramp jam
- The DM Cheeseburger – half-pound custom blend beef burger, American cheese, house cured pickles, secret mayo & caramelized ramps
Spring Drinks will make their pre-Mother’s Day patio opening that much more amazing. They include:
- Strawberry Pineapple Mojito – Bacardi pineapple, Denizen rum, pineapple juice, mint infused simple syrup, triple sec, strawberry & pineapple puree
- The Botanist – Botanist gin, Gran Gala liqueur, fresh squeezed OJ, sage- and mint-infused house syrup, “Scrappy’s” orange bitters
- Blame it on the Bulleit – Bulleit bourbon, peach schnapps, passion fruit juice, mango & peach puree, fresh squeezed OJ and lemon juice, grenadine
- Purple Haze – Absolut Citron, Razzmatazz schnapps liqueur, raspberry puree, fresh squeezed lemon juice, house simple syrup
- Marlin Mule – Pearl pomegranate vodka, POM Wonderful pomegranate juice, fresh squeezed lemon juice, Goslings ginger beer, pickled ginger
- Island Crush – Malibu rum, crème de banana, peach schnapps, coconut water,
pineapple juice, fresh squeezed orange juice
- Cool as a Cucumber – Pearl cucumber vodka, elderflower & aperol liqueur, fresh squeezed lemon juice, house simple syrup
For more information on the menu or to make a reservation, visit http://www.dancingmarlinrestaurant.com.